Are you planning to attend the amazing BCCE; The 26th Biennial Conference on Chemical Education? It is in beautiful Corvalis, Oregon this summer from July 18th to 23rd. Summers in Oregon are warm and dry. I "promise" it doesn not rain in the summer!
If you are considering attending, we have exciting news! Your 2YC3 is collaborating with educators from Chem ED Research Institutions, Four Year College Chemistry Teachers and some of the outstanding High School Teachers to host a unique symposium at BCCE titled: "Evidence-based Instructional Practices: Flipped Classrooms and Inquiry-based Teaching Strategies".
We think it would be awesome to have teachers from our community (the two year colleges) talk about how we do "it", what "it" looks like in context, and provide advice for someone who wants to do "it". We are on the front line so to speak and our experience in the classroom is very important.
I have seen many of you present at 2YC3 regional conferences, I would encourage every one of propose an abstract to share your best teaching practices.
Email me, Kathy Carrigan; firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Kay Orgill; email@example.com, if you have any questions.
You can find the link to the BCCE call for abstracts here: https://bcce2020.org/call-for-abstracts/. Abstracts are due by February 24th, 2020.
The Two Year College Chemistry Consortium provides a forum for chemistry educators to enhance student learning through our professional development conferences.
2YC3 Mission - The committee is charged with providing:
- A national forum for the interchange of ideas, resources, guidelines, and information pertaining to two-year college chemistry programs
- A network of chemical education colleagues for improving two-year college chemistry teaching
- Opportunities for professional development and growth among members
- A mechanism to network two-year college chemistry teachers with all other categories of chemical educators
- An entry point for 2YC3 members to become involved in DivCHED activities. The committee shall coordinate activities in two-year college chemistry programs with related organizations and conduct meetings accessible to two-year college chemistry teachers
Committee on Chemistry in the Two-Year Colleges
Abbreviated as COCTYC, this committee is designated as the executive committee governing the Two-Year College Chemistry Consortium and is charged with responsibility for three to four 2YC3 conferences per year and its own finances and newsletter.
Sponsored by: Hands-On Labs - Morton Publishing Company - Knewton - Microlab, Inc - playmada games - Cengage Learning - Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc - Vernier Software and Technology - W. W. Norton & Company - Nanalysis - Thermo Fisher Scientific - Wiley - Chem21Labs - MacMillan Learning - McGraw-Hill Higher Education - LabArchives - TCI America - Pearson - Labster - Gale - A Cengage Company - San Diego City College - San Diego City College - San Diego City College - Southwestern College - Metropolitan State University of Denver -